Saturday, December 09, 2006

yay holidays! well, almost.

it didn't really hit me that I was going overseas and on holiday til like this morning when our taxi came, but since I'm at the airport now, I'm kinda pumped. I always wondered why there are so many shops that sell luggage in the airport - don't you think you wouldn't be ready for a trip if you are just getting a suitcase to carry all your crap the day you leave?

Also, some people may be happy to hear that I beeped - I know it doesn't sound like much, but my last trip to Korea I was the entertainment at the airport since I continually beeped. Well, I didn't make beepy noises, it was the machine, and apparently my belt. I'm starting get the feeling it's me, not the belt since I even pre-emptively was beltless and still beeped... maybe I have too much iron in my diet... better lay off the bacon...

Anyway, my not-so-adventurous adventure is supposed to start in 10 minutes as I board the plane, but according to that big booming voice making announcements about plane times(God?)the airport's been closed due to weather conditions - just looking outside, all you can see is smoke, and even inside the airport it's getting pretty smoky and stuff. Being stuck in the airport for a day just sounds like the plot of a crappy Disney movie - You know, our plans are ruined, but a bunch of people from different backgrounds and stuff come together for the ultimate adventure, one they couldn't possibly expect to have if they did go overseas! And inevitably, hijinx and hilarity ensues.

I hope there's hilarity and hijinx on this holiday...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey have a great trip and please be careful..you know what or rather whom (cough Chatri cough) i am referring to!
Speaking of that disney scenario, is that an actual movie? If so can you please direct me to a direct link of it..otherwise you wanna start writing a screenplay together regarding it like me and Con minus crappy teen comedy jokes? Let us know :)