Wednesday, April 11, 2007

yay the amazing race!

I know what I'm doing at 9:30 Thursday night- my favourite reality TV show is back! I think I like it because it's kinda more game-showy than reality TV show, so even though it has pretty much the same formula as the first series, it doesn't really matter as much, since the whole globe-trekking and detour activity thing is still so cool.

Channel 7 have skipped season 10 in favour of showing season 11, aka Amazing Race All-Stars. I guess it's cool to be watching the same season America's seeing at the moment (despite the huge delay), which might mean there'll be less chance for people to find out who the winner is months in advance. They still could have shown season 10 during the holidays, or preferably, in place of the stupid American-only family edition of the show.

I don't know why, but I love it when they go to places I've been to, and get really excited when I recognise the background shops and stuff. I've actually found that I enjoy watching those travel shows more when I've been to the places they visit in the show and stuff. That's weird, isn't it? I think it's partially because I get semi-nostalgic and reminisce and stuff. That, and
I always kinda hope that I happened to be there when they were filming and just happen to be in the background. When I was overseas, I even kept my eye out for pairs of travellers lugging huge backpacks and cameramen following them. Despite my Amazing alertness and everything, alas, still no Phil Koegan sightings. Sigh.

No comments: