Saturday, July 14, 2007

Knocked Up

Knocked Up - way better than the overhyped 40 Year-Old Virgin.  I don't know if it was the spontaneous decision to see the movie (and thus little to no expectations or anticipation) that made it funny, but I thought it hilarious - Probably not as rewatchable as Dodgeball or Zoolander, but awesome nonetheless.

I think I also partially enjoyed it because I've finally discovered the female equivalent to the "frank and beans" scene in There's Something About Mary - you know, the scene at the start of the movie that invokes the strong reaction from all guys. Some girls don't fully understand why guys squirm and nervously cross their legs (if they're not in a fetal position squealing already) when they watch the Mary bathroom scene. But now there's Knocked Up's more-graphic-than-you'd-expect giving birth scene to bring the same feeling of uneasiness to those of the opposite sex. 

One thing that kinda bugged me was the same thing that bugs me in clichéd sitcoms - Katherine Heigl is so out of the main guy's league! It took me the first third of the movie to get over that inconsistency and appreciate the movie. 

No comments: