Thursday, May 01, 2008

i'm narin, and i'm a coffeeholic.

I'm taking the first step in admitting I have a wee bit of a problem when it comes to coffee. But it's not my fault, it's just that I live in Motosu, and other than having a firefly park, and a big ass, really old tree, there's not much else to see or do, other than hang at the recently built shopping centre. And the choice there is to hang with my school students and be a fully fledged mallrat hanging in Macca's, or to avoid them while sipping coffee while hanging out in Starbucks. Plus, when I have a Japanese lesson with my friends on Tuesdays, or my English conversation class on Thursdays, where else can we meet to have a lesson?

But I just realised today (during my aforementioned English class) when I was about to order that I think I'm there a little more often than anybody else...

Me: (in Japanese, so just pretend these are subtitles) Hi.
Starbucks Lady: Hi! The usual? One tall vanilla Starbucks latte?
Me: Ye...
Starbucks Lady: Hot? in a mug?
Me: Yes.
Starbucks: As usual, thats ¥410. Thanks again!
Me: Uh... Thanks...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay Coffee!