Thursday, June 03, 2010

bangkok belly

While I was worried about going to Bangkok during Golden Week (a week of public holidays at the start of May), looks like I probably went at a good time compared to how it is now. Sure there were still protesters and military around, but while we were visiting, other than seeing quite a few military people around, and the inconvenience of the trains closing at 8 at night, it didn't seem as dangerous than I thought it would be.


Although I've done Bangkok a few times with my family, since we go fairly frequently, it's less about the places to see and more about the shopping and the food. So it was kinda a good break from my regular Bangkok trips to visit the touristy places again.


And, what better way to take a break from my regular family food visits to Bangkok than by going to cooking classes?


It didn't take long though before my high aspirations to see Bangkok from a new perspective quickly dissipated, and I went back to just eating food. 


Not even trying new ones, either. Just the same ones, every day. But seriously, We're talking about mango and sticky rice here - can you really blame me?



No comments: