Saturday, September 11, 2010

weiner schnitzels and apple strudels

It's really not like me at all. Usually I do a bit more prep before I travel, like check wikitravel and make a list of stuff to do at the destination. Knowing I was heading to vienna for a few days with my brother, I started my list:

  • weiner schnitzels
  • apple strudel

... And that's as far as I got. Three full days in a country, and that's all I had. Even after wikitraveling, there were a few places I thought I should check out, but my list didn't really get any longer.

Vienna did turn out to be an awesome place to visit. Especially after the whole Japan thing and seeing temples on top of temples, it really did give me a greater appreciation of churches and European-style buildings.


And yes, after three days in Vienna, I can now say I've checked off everything I aimed to do there. All two of them. I'm still recovering from all the giant schnitzels though. Ordering a schnitzel resulted in two plate-sized pieces of meat on top of a mountain of chips. I think Japan's got me used to eating smaller portions that are probably closer to an amount that you should be eating.

No comments: