Wednesday, February 21, 2007

why everyone should be watching heroes

I'm sometimes amazed when something that I hold dear to my heart (i.e. Guitar Hero) is not received well by other people. I'm a little shocked, and at a loss about how they can't see how cool something is but then subsequently get over it.

But when someone says they think Heroes is just 'meh' is just shocking. Like, seriously, jaw on the ground shocking. So shocking in fact, that even if you're at home by yourself, your mouth will be wide open, you'll make an audible inhaling sound because you're that shocked. Never felt like that before and wonder what it's like? Well, I consistently get that shocked when watching Heroes. I'm up to episode 16 - Unexpected and it's got a huge ending - like, filled with disbelief, ohmygods and everything - and the killer thing is, I pretty much have to wait 14 more weeks before I can talk to anyone in Australia about it, since it just started being shown on TV here a couple weeks ago.

So really, when's the last time something has actually made you gasp out loud? Anyone who's been so into a show and gasped knows how cool it is to find something that makes you do that. And anyone who says they've never gasped at a show is really deprived and doesn't know what they're missing.

Ipso facto, ergo, and a couple other rarely used conjunctive adverbs later, WATCH HEROES!!!

No comments: