Thursday, March 22, 2007

what the hell was I thinking?

Mental note: Don't do things just because everyone else is doing them and everyone else thinks is cool, because you're bound to pay for it later.

I did something really stupid the other day that I'll probably regret for the rest of the year. I really don't know why I agreed to doing it. It was a slip of judgement, a stupid mistake that I didn't think about when I was doing it.

...I signed up for the AFL fantasy-sport-league Supercoach thing.


If you're not laughing out loud at the moment (or ROFLing, or LMAOing for that matter) It's probably because you don't know me as well as you should. Me and sport kinda go together like, um.... two things that don't go well together. I thought I could arse my way through it and pick players who's names I would recognise, but it kinda backfired and I ended up picking a guy that's been suspended indefinitely, one with a potential career-ending injury, and a guy battling cancer. Not the best start to the supercoach season I guess.

On the plus side, my love of all things TV related and a certain TV show involving people with extraordinary powers resulted me in naming my team The 9th Wonders. Which leaves two potential options for my season: I could either a) be totally awesome and come first, thereby reaffirming the whole Wonder naming thing, or b) just be adequate enough to come 9th thereby still validating my team name. I really hope there's at least 9 teams then, or hopefully, just 9 to make it easier...

No comments: