Sunday, February 03, 2008

wooo! snowboarding! and nothing to show of it!

I had a fairly specific picture in mind when I thought about what my very first snowboarding experience would be like. It involved me, sitting atop a slope, looking down, with my snowboard firmly attached to my feet. As I start going down the slopes, carving like a pro, there'd be music playing in the background - more specifically, N*E*R*D's Rockstar (Jason Nevin's Remix), slowly building up in volume as I gain speed down the slope.

And yes, my perception of snowboarding may have been somewhat influenced by years of playing SSX, but not completely - It's not like I was expecting to do a 540 backside tailgrab over a huge gap or anything, I just has the more realistic expectation of being able to go down a slope with some music in the background. And yes, it may have raised the bar a little too high, considering it was my first time seeing actual snow, let alone first time snowboarding.

So that's why, when I was packing stuff to take to the ski place, I put my iPod in my pocket rather than my trusty digital camera. I was kinda afraid to take too much stuff to the snow in case I lost stuff or broke stuff while tumbing down the slopes in a huge, comically-sized snowball, picking up speed and other unwary snowboarders/skiiers that couldn't move out of the snowball's way. Again, why I took my fancy new iPod instead of my older and less expensive digital camera that can also be easily replaced in Japan, is beyond me.

So, while I wait for my friends to post some photos of me on the slopes onto facebook, I've only got this one photo of me in "action" (I use that term liberally).




*UPDATE*
Thanks to the beauty of facebook (and a friend who was actually smart enough to take a camera), I now have another photo of me snowboarding! that's right! TWO photos!

No comments: