Tuesday, April 14, 2009

borderline obsession


You know when a hobby's becoming more of an obsession when you realise you're going on holiday in a week, escaping your landlocked prefecture for beautiful beaches, scuba diving, and a awesome food, and the first thing that pops in your head is the fact that you can get a new boner green dude to add to your collection.

This one's my most recent one from Nagashima spaland in Mie, despite what its name implies, is one of the largest amusement parks in Japan (second behind Disneyland). It also houses the longest roller coaster in the world, and the largest wooden roller coaster in the world as well. Unfortunately, despite being there this Steel Dragon phone strap is probably the closest I'll get to riding the longest roller coaster in the world. After a day trip there filled with lines, waiting, and rides, turns out I don't actually like roller coasters as much as I thought I did. Rather than excitement, I was filled more with dread, angst, and a dry raspy throat from screaming on too many rides. Being the genius that I am, it did take about five or six rides to realise that I hated them. The point I realised I was not a fan was seeing The Magic Carpet, a ride for kids, and just thinking about the whole list of other things I would rather do than go on the kids ride.

No comments: