Thursday, April 30, 2009

english journals

Okay, so since I just came back from a 4 day fun-filled trip in Okinawa, so you'd think I'd have stuff to fill you in on, right? The places I went, the things I saw, the giant crotch-adorned things I bought... Well, I do, but I just don't know where to start, and since I imagine it'll be a fairly time-consuming post, I'll save it for when I've got a little more time.

In the mean time though, I thought I'd show this. As part of my decision to stay for yet another year in Japan (three... eeeshk..) I thought I'd try and make sure I make the most of my time - ie travel and job-wise. On the job front, I'm hoping to make my job more rewarding, by trying to start more things in my school. One of which was making the 3rd years write a journal, since everyone says their writing sucks. I figured that since I had enough time to study Japanese, read, email, and pissfart around, I could make a bit of time for correcting their journals, since the other teachers seem so consumed with... well, actual work. Plus, I thought giving 14-year-olds the freedom to write whatever they want, with the limited English skills they had, would be a reward in itself. And, after only a week of doing this journal thing, I think it's already paid off.



No comments: