Wednesday, September 30, 2009

pictionary depictions




One thing I like about teaching kids here in Japan is the ability to play Pictionary in class and pretend that it’s an educational game. And, generally, it seems to work – most kids seem to like it, since it involves drawing and not just doing work out of the textbook, and I like it because it’s, well, Pictionary- like the best board game ever!




I haven’t played the game at all this school year – which is a first, since I usually like to pull it out whenever I don’t’ know what to teach or my teachers are also struggling to think of a game. This time, for an All Play, or when one person from each group had to draw, I got them to draw me. Yes, it was kinda self-indulgent, but I just wanted to see what my students thought of me and how they could convey “Narin” in less than a minute.





I’m pretty impressed with some of the pictures. what scares me though is that all the groups eventually guessed it was me, even with some extremely questionable pictures involved.




Do I really look that much like a murder-scene body outline?


No comments: