Monday, March 31, 2008

i walked 18 kilometres and all i got was this lousy, business card-sized certificate.

That's right.


I figured I had to finish at least one seemingly unnecessary school walk. The last one I did was when I was an exchange student in Sapporo, and that 33km walk ended once I found out that anyone who wanted to give up would have a taxi called for them and be taken to chill and relax while the other suckers continued walking in the summer heat.

And while I did enjoy relaxing at the end while my ill-informed friends battled through the 30 degree heat, I always wished I made it through the end to get my own certificate.

That being said, I also did expect the certificate to be bigger than a business card. And would have my name at least written on it before it was given to me and stuff...

No comments: