Tuesday, March 25, 2008

k-fighters 7

I sometimes have really weird conversations with my students. Sometimes, it's because their English isn't that good, so they don't know how to say what they want to say. Or, they don't understand my questions, so answer with something totally random, like answering "yes" to a "What did you do yesterday?". So I'm kinda used to having really stilted conversations and going along with a conversation as if everything's fine, even though it's not making much sense.

On the other hand, sometimes, I just get a feeling that some of my kids are freaks. Like a conversation I had last week with a 2nd year Junior high school (Year 8) boy.

Me: Hey! How are you?
K-fighter: I'm a stranger here. K fighters 7!
Me: um... okay.
K-fighter: Do you K fighters 7?
Me: No. Do you?
K-fighter: Yes. Why don't you try?
Me: Um... okay...
K fighter giggles and runs off.

No comments: