Monday, August 06, 2007

screw you, buffy

I hate Sarah Michelle Gellar. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't have seen the remake of the Grudge, and if I hadn't seen that movie, I wouldn't have developed a fear of Japanese-style houses with sliding wooden door-style cupboards and wardrobes. Like the ones in my new bedroom.
Any second now, I'm expecting an albino Japanese kid to be sitting in the corner staring at me, or a crawling and moaning Japanese lady to pop out of one of the top shelves. I was shitting myself when I left the sliding door open, because when I was lying in bed, trying to fall asleep, I couldn't remember if it was me or the aforementioned hairy lady who opened my wardrobe door. Urgh.



So yeah, the whole living it up in a 5 star hotel is over and I've now moved into my apartment – It's way huger than my friend's, which is just a couple doors down, since unlike hers, has 2 rooms instead of one. It even has it's own laundry and bathroom, table, and coffee table as well. So, trying to make it feel more like home, but at the moment, all I've got to decorate it is an awesome coffee table photo book, a photo in a picture frame, and a whole bunch of 5 cent coins. I'm hoping to queer eye the place, but it's kinda hard when you're trying to limit your furnishings to stuff from the 100 yen shop.
Other than the furniture and stuff, it 's pretty much barren, so it's weird thinking I have to buy EVERYTHING – all that stuff you accumulate and take for granted when you live at home, like cutlery, Panadol, note pads, laundry hamper thing, cleaning products, bed sheets, and that kind of stuff. Fortunately, I'm five minutes walk away from Malera (pronounced Mall-era, not Malaria as I originally thought) so after I signed my apartment contract, and unpacked, me and my friend went to explore and stumbled upon their awesome food court – not that big,, but had a Takoyaki store, a Ramen one, Crepe place, and this fast food chain here called Fast Kitchen or Faasuto Kitchin, which apparently, in the Japanese tradition of abbreviating names, is shortened to faakin. We ended up eating elsewhere, but I so can't wait to go back. I really want to try some faakin chicken.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo! Best presents ever!

markii said...

ROFL - I had the same phobia when I first arrived!

The Japanese style closests freaked the shit outta me.