Sunday, December 30, 2007

happy merry christmas!

Happy Merry Christmas and a happy new year! I'm in Tokyo at the moment
since I decided I wanted to feel somewhat productive with using my
time off work. I've got two weeks off from school but decided to only
spend a week in Tokyo since we planned on making an attempt to have a
semi-traditional Christmas dinner in Gifu. Didn't really feel like
Christmas though since I was supposed to work that day, all the stores
were open, and they had already taken their Christmas decorations down
in preparation for New Year's.

Anyway, me and a friend left for Tokyo on the 27th, and are planning
to stay till the 5th. So far we've been to Nikko and seen the three
wise monkeys (see, hear and speak no evil monkeys) and in Tokyo,
visited Sega's indoor theme park Joypolis and got on the
mildly-whelming (not over or underwhelming, just whelming) Prison
Break ride. I guess i may have appreciated it more had I actually seen
the show, and understood everything that was said as well. Ah well.

Unfortunately, this trip required a necessary visit to the Apple Store
in Ginza. I only enjoy visiting there when I don't need to go, not
when I have to buy a charger for my iPod after forgetting to pack it
for this trip. I actually managed to forget everything at home that I
bought specifically for this trip. Urgh.

No comments: