Sunday, March 07, 2010

thirty-eight.

Original Marimokkori (Hokkaido)

Thirty-eight.  I now have at least 38 marimokkori in my possession. It's not as bad as you think though. My friends, now aware of my um... 'hobby', come back from their travels with a few well-endowed green trinkets as souvenirs.

Sanuki Udon (Takamatsu)

 The question is, what do I do with them now? They're currently just house in a small nondescript cardboard box, which I always figured would be temporary until I take them home to Australia. But then what? Should I put them in a clear plastic case, for everyone to see? I feel that other people may be less understanding and quick to judge about my hobby to collect these green guys from all the places I've been.


Himeiji Castle (Himeiji)

I was going to try and stick them on a map of Japan, to show where I've been and everything, but with the non region-specific marimokkori in my collection, I'm at a loss of what to do with them as well.

Onsen

Limited Edition Gold!

Meh, I guess I'll just work it out once I'm home. Though, the next question is whether I can get my whole collection back to Australia. It might be an awkward conversation with the customs officer if he opens my suitcase.

No comments: