Tuesday, August 19, 2008

ninja food

I like food. Which shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who's known me for longer than five minutes. I also like ninjas, which shouldn't come as a surprise either, since... c'mon, who doesn't like ninjas? So, after hearing about the ninja-themed restaurant in Tokyo, I had to go.

Turns out, a  ninja-themed restaurant is probably one of the few themes that actually translates well into a food thing. I mean, I like pirates, but a pirate restaurant definitely doesn't have the same ring to it.

After going there, I can say that I definitely was disappointed... except maybe for the start, when the ninja maître d' (yes, not all ninjas are stealthy and deadly, you know) was telling us that our ninja waiter was hidden somewhere in the room,a dn would reveal themselves. So, after that I was kinda hoping for our ninja to appear in a puff of smoke, or jump down from the ceiling. Unfortunately, after being summoned by a ninja call, our ninja just came through a small door in the wall, which would've been cooler I guess, but we kinda got our hopes up for a more ninja-like entrance.

anyway, I don't want to give the whole ninja experience away and ruin all the surprises, so instead, I'll just post some pictures of food...

 
Ninja Star Grissini
  
Turban Shell à la escargot... 
  
... lit by a fuse!
  
Ninja soup, heated with a 400˚ rock
  
Veal and foie gras à la creme brulée
  
 Frog Cheesecake

No comments: