Friday, June 16, 2006

boy are my arms tired..

25 Hours. 4 countries. 3 Plane rides. And no million dollars, because this isn't the Amazing Race. Yes, I'm in South Korea (aka the good Korea) after traveling a ridiculous 25 hours. We ended up having a stop in Bangkok for a 4 hours, and we made an unexpected stop in Hong Kong as well - apparently our flight from Bangkok to Seoul was always via Hong Kong, but everyone's itinerary happened to not have that written down. But boy, was those stop overs in airports so exciting! So much excitement, and so much stuff happened I think I'll leave it out. But I do think that the anti-plane food thing is totally unjustified. Tiny meals, with dessert, each of the dishes in it's little own compartment - what more do you want? Plus, I don't mind the indeterminate foods that are cylindrical shape and taste a little rubbery - it's all part of the experience of flying!

One thing I did learn after all those hours flying is that I can survive with only a few 15-minute naps here an there during 24 hours of travel - watch out amazing race! Now I just need to find a partner (preferably hot) to cry all the time and continually claim "this is the worst experience ever!" and I might just make it to amazing race map and meet Phil...

By the time I got to Seoul, I was really too buggered to actually sightsee while on the 4-hour bus ride to our province. But I did notice a "Kim-Chi land" billboard, so either the Koreans know about their unhealthy obsession with Kim-chi, or there's a really cool amusement park with an assortment of spicy-pickled vegetables. Sounds exciting either way!

No comments: