Friday, June 30, 2006

mmmm... kimchi!

You know, even if I don't become a teacher, at least this trip will help me get 1 step closer to fulfilling one of my life goals: being on the amazing race contestant. Since I've been here I've been exposed to kimchis of various residues and thickness: cabbage kimchi, radish kimchi, weird-leaf kimchi, squid kimchi, fermented kimchi, tofu kimchi, water kimchi, kimchi soup, and dumplings stuffed with, you guessed it - meat! I mean kimchi! I've also got to go to McDonald's before I go since there's also a Kimchi burger too...

So, I think I'm more than experienced enough for the food-eating challenges - if Kimchi wasn't enough, I've had coagulated blood soup, chicken stomach, marsh snails, and this thing called mogwart - It's this weird herb that smells and tastes like indeterminate green vegetables, but they put in all their "desserts" like rice cakes and stuff.

I think the moment I realised I could make it on the amazing race was when I was in a Korean barbeque restaurant, I saw these little pecan-shaped things in what looked like butter, so I ate it, and later found out it was silkworm larvae... not that bad, but tastes kinda like crab roe with a semi-soft prawn-shell coating... mmmm, yum!

No comments: