Friday, June 30, 2006

Korean TV

Been pretty slack on the updates - I've had school every day - so my day starts at 6:30 until 5:30 - almost every night since I've been here I've been invited by someone to go out for dinner - yesterday (thursday night) was the first time in over a week I didn't actually do anything! I was so excited - I got to go to sleep at around 10:30!

Today I've got a open class presentation, where English teachers from the surrounding area come to watch our demo team teaching class. Apparently there's like 20 teachers coming in to watch a class. Originally, we were only going to have the year 9 students (all 5 of them) but the principal decided to make it a joint class with both year 8 and year 9 students - so now we have a total of 7 students! So it looks like there will be 3 teachers for every student! My supervising teacher has stocked up on lollies, so hopefully they'll be on a sugar high and want to participate and not be worried about be watched... Apparently our presentation will be videotaped as well! urgh! stupid cameras!

So I heard we're going to be filmed again by a Korean TV station to record our last days in Jeonju- me and the other guy teachers are "going" to someone's house, where "our" students will be, and have a final goodbye party, where the students will make us some Korean food. Then, they'll record us leaving and our "students" waving goodbye and being all teary-eyed...

I can't believe how much effort that's going into all this stuff - they record for like a couple hours and they end up showing only a minute or so - Unfortunately, this means I haven't been stopped in the street yet by millions of girls asking for my autograph *sigh*.

Speaking of TV I was so excited when I saw a show that I knew on Korean TV - it was dubbed in Korean, but it was still funny and understandable... I managed to record it on my camera so you can hear me laughing in the background...

No comments: